If you’re planning to start a new youtube channel with short videos then this post is going to help you a lot with learning all the basic details along with the major tricks you should try. Do you want to learn how things work with youtube and how you can make a stunning short video without hiring any professional editors for your channels, and what other benefits you can unlock if you have a good audience watching your short videos?
So, it’s time to walk through some major points you need to know before writing content creator into your bio, let’s move step-by-step to know all the facts and necessary details about youtube shorts.
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube shorts are a new format of videos introduced by the platform itself for everyone to make videos with a length of up to 60 seconds. You can add filters, audio overlays, and media files to make it look like tik to videos or even more professional by adding some extras. This feature is now available worldwide and anybody can start making short videos with or without having any current fan base. You can start a new channel with 0 followers and still, you’ll get all the options as a million subs mile achiever.
How to make YouTube Shorts?
It’s an easy process, you don’t have to play any major role here. The priority falls on the mobile users so we are going to consider you like a mobile holder for now. If you want to know the same process for your desktop then check out our website’s other posts, we hope you may find some alternative options.
- On your mobile, you simply have to open the youtube application.
- Click on the + icon which is located at the bottom center of your application.
- Once you click on it, you’ll get two or three options, including one of Create a Short.
- Click on that and now your camera is opened into the youtube shorts screen.
- You can now record a video, or simply pick an already existing one from the gallery by selecting it from the gallery option, which is near to the record button.
- Your video can be up to 60 seconds or less, don’t rush for the things to spam into one video if the topic is wide.
Featured in Shorts
- You can add filters, there are hundreds of awesome filters available on the shorts for creators.
- You can import files from your gallery, which means you can edit the video from any other software and later upload it on your channel. Make sure it’s a vertical image if you’re doing it from a third-party application.
- There is a stunning music library that holds some great tones and music for all types of short videos.
- Add a lengthy description and title of your video to let the viewers know about your video topics.
How to Upload YouTube Shorts?
If you’re creating a new video from scratch you can simply record and upload it on the go. But you don’t want to hurry things and make it professional and want to upload it later from your gallery. Here’s the quickest way you could find it on the internet.
- Open the youtube application on your device.
- Go to the + icon, it’s in the bottom center.
- Click on upload a video, don’t worry the process is quite the same for all types of videos on YouTube.
- If it’s asking for permission then grant the access to let youtube fetch your gallery media files.
- Now you can select a file from your file manager.
- Once you’re done with the selection, hit the upload button.
- It will take a few seconds and redirect you to a page asking for relevant details.
- You have to add a title, some words of description, and use hashtags in the video to make it more professional.
- After doing all the above steps just press the upload button and your video will get live on your channel.
Note: Your video must be with the length of up to 60 seconds only, or try to make it less than 45 seconds.
You can check whether it’s under the short video section or normal video just by looking at the shorts thumbnail watermark. If the video thumbnail has a short video watermark in the bottom, it’s a short video, if not, then you must be missing some points from the above steps.
How to View YouTube Short Videos?
You will find a separate button to go through the shorts on YouTube, the option is to listen in to the homepage of your application at the bottom with Shorts name. Just click on it and you’ll be moved to the shorts page, now you can swipe up to get more videos, like, dislike, comment, or share videos as per your desire. If you wish to download youtube shorts, you can do so from savetube.
It’s quite easy to do on a smartphone but if you’re looking for the same things for your desktop, you should compromise with some results.
On the desktop you won’t get any option or separate page for shorts, you manually have to search for the videos through the search box.
Go to the top search bar and type “#Shorts” in it, the results will carry a list of the latest and most relevant short videos. You can watch them or shuffle the list as per the filters to get the results of your needs.
How to monetize Shorts video?
Currently, there is no direct way to monetize short videos, but you can do with some alternative methods to earn a good amount of money through shorts.
We recommend you try these basic earning methods on your videos, as these are the best in the field and serve as a friendly interface to the public.
- Affiliate Program
- Sponsored Products
In the end, we just want to thank you for visiting our website and reading this great article, if you find this useful in any way, then make a share with your friends who want to learn about How to Use YouTube Shorts, also help us reach more audience.